• Updated

1. Injury Reserve - By the Time I Get to PhoenixThe Arizona-based groups second studio album By the Time I Get To Phoenix is a mind altering and one of a kind tribute to late member Stepa J. Groggs. The sounds on this album are not only unconventional, but largely undefinable, and necessaril…

• Updated

8. Turnstile - GLOW ONWith GLOW ON, the Baltimore based hardcore group Turnstile come through with their best and most fully-realized work yet. Turnstile has been cranking out some of the most melodic hardcore you can put your ear to for the better part of a decade now, however, their newest…

• Updated

16. Armand Hammer & The Alchemist - HaramA breaking of new ground for one of the best contemporary hip hop producers in the genre. The Alchemist teams up with the independent and philosophical rap pioneers of Armand Hammer (billy woods & ELUCID) for a politically charged and intoxica…

• Updated

The albums of 2021 were likely some of the first full pieces of art created and completed while in the midst of a global pandemic. The year's best releases saw artists grapple with prolonged bouts of interiority, grief, a deteriorating and polarizing socio-political climate, and the desperat…

• Updated

Aggression, emotion, and community: an interview with DoglegJust before performing their final song, Retirement Party lead Avery Springer teases the next band with a cheeky warning. “We’ve got Dogleg coming up next,” she says through a grin “so y’all better be prepared to mosh.” Dressed unif…

• Updated

1. Brockhampton - Buzzcut (ft. Danny Brown)The lead single for the Internet-Era boyband’s newest record ROADRUNNER, "Buzzcut" is a track that is dripping wall-to-wall with the confidence and undaunted energy of the early 2000’s Southern Hip-Hop bangers from which it takes much of its influen…

• Updated

The NCAA selection committee revealed the West Virginia Mountaineers as a number three seed on Selection Sunday. As always, ups and downs filled the regular season for West Virginia. The Mountaineers at one point won six-consecutive road games in the Big 12, but, on the other hand, the Mount…

The Daily Athenaeum logo WVU's Independent Student Newspaper

Support our independent newsroom.

The Daily Athenaeum began in 1887 and remains the independent student voice of West Virginia University. All content is produced by students, funded by student fees, advertising and generous donations by readers like yourself. Your gift goes directly to supporting our students and powers our experiential newsroom.

Donations can be a one-time gift or set to recurring. All donations are tax deductible.